After many years in business, I have learned what works and what doesn’t. I’ve set up a pretty specific process and veering off that course has never ended well for either the client or myself. To that end, I’ve set up a few guidelines.
My process (your mileage may vary dependent upon what the actual project might be):
- If you weren’t already referred to me by another colleague, please request a connection with me on LinkedIn.
- Fill out the worksheet and tell me your hopes and dreams and goals for the work you want us to do together.
- I will review all of your notes and assess your job.
- Depending upon the scope of your project, I will either schedule a meeting with you or write a bid for the work you’ve requested
- If I’m sending you a bid, I will include an agreement in order to get the ball rolling.
- You will choose to approve the bid or request changes. Once you approve the bid and send back the signed agreement, I will invoice you for the specified amount OR direct you to the item(s) on my shopping cart.
- Once the requisite payment is received, we will build a project timeline and I will ask you for specific project-related data (passwords, logins, content, media, etc.)
- Once ALL of that information is received at my end, the job can begin. You will be updated, via email, on your project’s progress at the end of each week. We can have a phone call to clarify anything that may be unclear. The will also be a project tracking solution that you will be able to access at any time. If there are changes to the original project specs, I will estimate what those changes will cost and write a contract addendum for you to sign before any of that additional work begins.
- When the project is ready for launch, any final payments will be required before I turn over the keys. This part depends, of course, on the specific arrangements we’ve made in our agreement.
Cool? Cool! Then on to the worksheet!